This section is responsible for purchasing, ordering, gifting and exchanging library materials and ordering books for faculty members and graduate students. The most important things to do in this section are as follows:
- Learn about books required
- Order selected books
- Maintaining records of ordered or downloaded books
- Acquiring permission and action to pay pre-invoices
- Receive and review bookings ordered
- Tracking delays in completed orders
- To prepare books that should be used in special ways to receive them and to coordinate and communicate with other libraries and publishers.
Initially, they began to provide catalogs of a variety of subject matter from reputable publishers, as well as catalogs of publishers and booksellers, to obtain inventory lists, including Persian and Latin books from international publishers' representatives and brokers, bibliographies, contact with associations and publishers, via the Internet, etc. And all collected information will be sent to the representatives of the Library Committee, then the book will be selected and purchased.
The Geophysical Institute Library makes its orders in two ways:
- Through the purchase of foreign and Persian books from international exhibitions in Tehran, specialized exhibitions of the Ministry of Science, booksellers and domestic publishers.
- Through brokers and representatives of reputable publishers of foreign books in Iran.
Since the book and library plays an important and critical role in any educational institute and in fact serves as a repository for information and exchange of ideas and opinions among researchers and students, the cataloging department is also in the same position as the basic and specialized factor of this complex. it works.
Obviously, with regard to the advancement of science, each of the major disciplines is subdivided into subclasses, and their distinction between them and the exact determination of the subject matter is of particular importance. Accordingly, the cataloging section is analyzed and cataloged Books can provide scholars with the information they need faster.
Each book has a descriptive and analytical list. The descriptive list gives the book's specifications, including the author's name, title, publication status, number of pages, and other physical properties of the book. In the analytical list, under the rules and rules and the methodology, the appropriate subject book and then the data classification number Gets
Those books that can not be cataloged through the libraries of Congress, Britain, and other reputable libraries in the world and in the case of Persian books, credible Iranian libraries should be cataloged by Original through search in subject headings, subject categories and. .. Taking and organizing.
The most important tasks in this section are:
- Books purchased in the Library Registry are recorded with bibliographic specifications, and the library's stamp and barcode are written in a special place.
- Enter information about Latin and Persian listed books in the library software (Oracle and Simorgh)
- Preparation of titles, titles, authors, formats, etc. for individual titles of books.
- Make corrections and fix possible bugs in the eBooks file
- Correct the duplicate registers number or the modified guide number
- Delete duplicate books and empty their serial numbers and fill them with new info
The books in this section are a combination of Persian and Latin books, most of which are Latin books. The library's classification system is LC.
Here are some things to do:
- Register membership and login information for students and professors
- Loan, renewal, return and reservation of books
- Member Paid
- Issue Interlibrary Loan
- Insert books and arrange them on shelves
- Keep Track of Permanent Books
- Weeding books by examining how much books are borrowed and used
- Guides for referrers to search the library site and find books
- Separating worn books for binding and rebuilding them after binding
Basically, the reference section is one of the most basic elements of a specialized and academic library. In this section important books and lessons, as well as cultures, encyclopedias, journals related to the geophysical and meteorological discipline are kept and available to students, but there is no possibility of being trusted .
Thesis and Seminars section
In this section, the thesis of Ph.D. and MA in Geophysics are held in five directions (seismology, seismology, gravimetry, geoelectrics, geomagnetism), the oldest of which belongs to the year 1355.
At present, the number of theses of the master's degree in geophysics in all trends is 793 titles and the number of theses in the PhD is 77 titles and the number of student seminars in the field of geophysics is 658 titles. Also, the number of theses in the meteorology department is 287 titles and the number of dissertations of the doctoral degree in the field of knowledge of 24 titles and the number of meteorological seminars is 223 titles.
The search and retrieval of theses through the author's thesis and the title of thesis (until 1396) and the thesis of the University of Tehran in Oracle software and in case Azarsa software deployment is possible through this software.
Retrieving seminars through a library file and booklet is based on the author's and abstract alphabets.
Since the year 1396, due to lack of space in the library, seminars on seismology and meteorology have beenreceived as PDF files and only seismic, geomagnetic, gravimetric and geoelectric trends are received in volume.
Theses, seminars and reference books are not lent at all, and a student card is required to use these resources.
In this section, the publications of Latin and Persian were kept in the field of geophysics and chemistry and were arranged on the shelves in alphabetical order titled Magazine.
Titles and Inventory (Last Year of Inventory) The most important Latin-language publications in the Excel file(click here) , but the details of the publications available through the Card are available and if new Azarsa library software is deployed at this base and will be searchable. Was. In the Excel file (click here), theelectronic journals that are available in the PDF file format are also specified.
Users can retrieve the necessary articles to access PDF files by visiting the library.
Other activities in this section are training and guidance of customers to search their articles in the scientific databases purchased by the University of Tehran. If this is not available, the article will be prepared by sending and sending emails.
The bookshelf is open to the public and can be searched and photocopied by direct reference to the shelves, by the alphabetical titles of the titles, but can not be trusted.
Lending Department: 00982161118207
Section of publications, dissertation and scientific information base: 00982161118203
Technical Services Division: 00982161118218