Introducing meteorological section
The meteorological department, as a part of the space Physics Division for the purpose of meteorological research and the development of aeronautical education activities in the country, was established in 1981 at the Institute of Geophysics, and at the same time, ground-based meteorological activities began. The history of meteorology training in cooperation with the World Meteorological Organization and the Meteorological Organization of Iran dates back to 1357 SH. Also, in order to increase the scientific level of researchers and technicians in the field of teaching and research, Ph.D. level in Meteorology was established since 2004. This section is now one of the most active educational and research departments of the Department of Physics of the Faculty of Geophysics, in University of Tehran .
Goals and capabilities of the sector
- research activitiesadvanced meteorological research to enhance the effectiveness of conventional meteorological forecasting
- The study of new applied fields in meteorological research is carried out in the form of research projects approved by the research council of the university and the scientific council of the country .
list of recent projects and topics :
- Prediction of Urban Air Pollution Concentration
- Preliminary numerical models of atmospheric and boundary layer of atmosphere
- Vertical air velocity in atmosphere
- Estimated Solar Pool Thermal Efficiency
- simulation of air movements
- The evolution of convective storms
- Physical simulation of Gastia fronts
- Direct measurement of turbulent parameters in the surface boundary of the atmosphere
- Laboratory simulation of physics and chemistry of atmosphere and the production of cloud and artificial precipitation in the laboratory of cloud physics
- Development of flood forecasting models
- Simulation of thermosetting plumes to study the growth of coma clouds
- Study of Local Effects on Climate Changes in Iran Using Numerical Methods
- Studies of the role of meteorological systems on the microspheres and their emission from the surface
- Climatological studies; including local, urban and regional climates
The main objectives of this training are:
- Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Meteorology
- Providing undergraduate and postgraduate courses in meteorology for organizations and centers dealing with the field.
- Collaborate on field experiments and field research related to meteorological research
- Participation in holding short-term courses to raise the level of scientific and empirical knowledge of trainees and interns =
- Holding research workshops on the sidelines of conferences
- Advising on Advanced Meteorological Studies with national Centers and Research Organizations
- Collaboration in the implementation of meteorological studies and researches
- Studying the effects of weather-related factors such as rainfall, wind, temperature and humidity in structures and construction structures of the country such as dams, bridges and power plants.
- The study of the effects of meteorological factors on agriculture aiming the improvement of regional agriculture, by taking into account the weather forecasts and climatological predictions, such as prediction of freezing conditions
- Timely meteorological forecasts of catastrophic and destructive events such as hail, frost, floods and severe storms
- Use of advanced applied meteorological studies on the fertilization of clouds to address water scarcity and desertification
- Exploiting advanced meteorological studies for the construction of domestic aircraft and rockets
- The use of satellite imagery and computer network information for the development of meteorological research in the country
- Determining weather conditions susceptible to assess the air pollution in the cities
- Determining the meteorological conditions that are susceptible to the transmission and transmission of microstates
Equipments (laboratory and field):
- A weather station is being used in cooperation with the Meteorological Organization.
- The Meteorological Station of the Institute (located at the site of the Separation Network Station,Array ), which measures and meteorological parameters at altitudes of 2 and 10 meters continuously .
- The laboratory of geophysical fluid dynamics is used to simulate physical phenomena and atmospheric phenomena (gastigian fronts, general circulation of atmosphere, fringe, isoglucose, etc.).
- The Laboratory of Cloud Physics, in which laboratory studies of fertilization of clouds in the usual way and in the method of barley ionization have been successful for the first time in Iran, and this research continues.
- Museum of Meteorological Instruments and Tools
- A 100-meter mast is used to study the structure of temperature and wind in the surface layer of the atmosphere.
- Stirrer machine to study the structure of cementitious layer
- Small solar pool to study new energies (solar)
- Laser Apparatus for measuring the concentration of droplets and droplets
- Digital dual channel thermometer and humidifier devices for measuring dart core and rain drops
- Computer facilities and advanced software for computing and modeling meteorology
- Super-sounding meter for measuring wind speed and wind direction and virtual temperature
- Streamline device for measuring, temperature and fluid speed, and statistical quantities associated with it
- Pneumatic Pump Device for studying the effects of spinning on flying fluids
Scientific reports prepared:
- Automatic Meteorological Station and Dynamics Laboratory of Geophysical Flows (No. 80)
- Soda Machine ( PA1 Model ) Institute of Geophysics (No. 82)
- Physical Approach to Certain Oceanic and Oceanic Phenomena in the Fluid Dynamics Laboratory of the Institute of Geophysics (No. 83)
A. Faculty Members:
- Dr. Farhang Ahmadi Givi
- Dr. Parviz Irannejad
- Dr. Farahnaz Taghavi
- Dr. Sayedeh Samaneh Sabet ghadam
- Dr. Farideh Habibi
- Dr. Abbasali Aliakbari Bidokhti
- Dr. Omid Alizadeh Choobari
- Dr. Sarmed Ghader
- Dr. Maryam Gharaylou
- Dr. Alireza Moheb Al-Hojah
- Dr. Mohammad Mirzaei
B- Expert Section:
- Engineer: Mohammad Ali Saghafi
Contact Expert Section: 021-61118285
Email section: email@example.com