Introduction to the library
The library of the Institute of Geophysics has been established since 1338, and has gradually developed. The library collection was originally started with more than 1000 books, most of which were donated, and then between 2000 and 1994, with about 2000 books, including Persian and Latin, in various fields of physics and space, and 102 foreign and domestic scientific journals. Has continued.
Currently, the library has exceeded 12,559 Persian and Latin books mainly in various geophysical and meteorological fields, of which about 7898 are Latin books and about 4761 Farsi titles. Currently, the Latin journals in the library are 185 titles. Donor journals include 20 Farsi titles and 10 Latin titles, and by the year 1383, the Library has been regularly subscribing to 32 Latin American specialties on geophysics and meteorology. Also, a number of specialized journals can be retrieved electronically through the databases of the University of Tehran (full text or abstract).